Saturday, June 26, 2010

Greatest American Garage Band of the Sixties?

Ok... so I listened to Da Capo and it was pretty good. As I've previously noted, the jam is stupid... I mean who wants to listen to a four minute song over twenty minutes. I only got about half way through before I gave up. Jams are never a good idea for recorded music. NEVER. Anyways, it got me thinking... What was the best garage band of the sixites? So I've decided to find out. However, there are some conditions: The majority of the band members have to be American (if this works out maybe I'll do British bands), the band's debut album had to be released during the sixties, and they had to have an album. Singles are great but I'm not going to try to track down obscure singles. I just don't like singles that much. I'm going to start with all the bands of Nuggets. I'm sort of weary about bands like Captain Beefheart, but I mean I guess I'll trust Lenny Kayne's judgment. Still there are some bands that weren't listed that definitely count. I mean how can you ignore the stooges, the mc5, and the velvet underground? Well anyways... I'm making a list. I'll update it as I review more and more stuff.

1 comment: