Saturday, June 19, 2010

6/18 Breakaway

Ok... I've been looking for revolver but I haven't been able to find it anywhere, I figured they would have it. They didn't... But they did have some cool records...

Holland by the Beach Boys -- 6
Sunflower by the Beach boys -- 1
Queen by Queen -- 5
1st by The BeeGees -- 7
Nothing Scary by Wild Man Fischer -- 8

Ok... So Holland and Sunflower aren't the Beach Boys most well known albums, but they're really good. After pet sounds the beach boys started getting real interesting because Brian wasn't at the helm any more. So all of the band members started writing songs. Don't get me wrong, Brian was definitely the best song writer of the bunch but it's all more strange. Sunflower isn't in the best shape, but it was in the 1$ rock section so I'll take it.

Yeah... I think queen's debut will be interesting. I'm looking forward to it.

Now the BeeGees are more interesting. First, I found a single in the sleeve by the Meters. I had looked up the Meters before (and I had heard these songs before) so that was cool. I don't know if the clerk threw it in (breakaway is known for their big selection of soul/r&b singles). Anyways... on to the actual album. It's really good. All except for one song... I don't know who sings on "I Can't See Nobody" but they shouldn't sing any more... I mean come on... all of the other guys have pretty nice voices. Oh... If you a fan of Guided By Voices, definitely pick this up. It really shows where some of their sound came from.

Wild Man Fischer. Why would anyone want an album with 34 tracks, each of which performed by a guy who screams his songs with a scarily excited joy? I mean looking at the record is hillarious... there are about 18 songs on each side. Still, you can't find this album anywhere. It's from the 80's, and I think it was only released on cd as a bundle called Fischer King which was released ten or twenty years ago. Still, any album by wild man fischer is truly one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment