Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6/15 Antones Records

I hadn't been to Antone's in a while, I had a coupon, and I was feeling down... so I went.

This time they had a lot of good stuff in new arrivals.

Records---
Let it Be by the Beatles -- 10
Mr. Tambourine Man by the Byrds -- 8
Goat Head Soup by the stones -- 8
Horses by Patti Smith -- 13

Yeah... I guess I'm really digging the beatles right now. I really want a copy of revolver though.

Mr. Tambourine Man was a pretty sweet find at that price. They have had a reissue for about a year for 20 bucks so I'm glad I got this one cheap.

Now I've been looking for Goat Head Soup for a while, it's pretty sweet that they had a copy in pretty good condition. I look forward to star star.

Horses was the real find though. I don't usually see punk records so it's cool. Turns out it's a original pressing on artista which is cool too. Lenny Kaye, the guitarist, made nuggets. Ah... just looking at the back makes me think of the whole scene, especially sonic youth. "kool system of destine wax sculpt" reminds me of them.

I guess I'm just looking for classics, which isn't a bad thing. I'm sure I'll need something to cancel out really obscure records like the verlaines... ah well...

No comments:

Post a Comment