Tuesday, May 11, 2010

5/11 Breakaway Records

Yes... another post. Anyways... This store was pretty cool. It's vinyl only so if you're looking for cds you're out of luck. They had an ok selection (better than half price worse than waterloo or antones) but they did have a lot of good records and, more importantly, their prices were really good. They also have 2, count 'em, 2 turntables for listening. Seems sort of weird for such a small store but whatever. The are pretty balanced as far as music genres: the rock/pop section was as big as the jazz and soul sections. They also had a very small punk section which included a record by the Nervebreakers. When did they get so big? it seems that every store I go into has something by them (excluding hp). They were this small punk band from the Dallas area and I have a compilation (called "Are We Too Late For The Trend") with them and a couple of other punk bands of the day. Also they did open for the Sex Pistols when they came to Dallas. Anyways... it's strange that they're getting more popularity.

Anyways on to the purchases. The white album for 12 bucks. They had a lot of early beatles records but the white album is my favorite so there you go.

I think I have a serious problem. If I go into a record store, there is a handful of records I will buy no matter what the price. Such was the case with The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society. Before I saw it I was going to get the white album, Let's Get It On, and Flowers by the stones, then I saw it. The sky parted and light doth shown down on it. Let me remind you that this is in NO WAY an exaggeration. I gladly handed over thirty dollars for said record and caressed it as I would my first born child as I left the store. A review shall come another day.

1 comment: